• 1940  The one-story center wing (annex) is completed, and it includes a fellowship hall.  Hal Brown is the contractor.
  • 1947  The members begin holding regular Sunday school in the church building.  However, Sunday school classes continue to be held in homes all over town.
  • 1948  The sanctuary interior is redecorated.
  • 1950  The “old rugged cross” is made and donated by Hal Brown in memory of his parents, church founders Elmer E. and Kathryn Brown.
  • 1955  The church is renamed The Church in the Wildwood.  The name is suggested by long-time summer resident Mary Haymaker, professor of religion at Wichita University.
  • 1956  A new organ is installed in time for Easter services.
  • Two services are held each Sunday, but there is an overflow crowd each Sunday at the 11:00 service. Sunday school is being held all over the chancel and center wing as well as the town hall and community hall.
​​​Use the arrow keys to move back and forth